The following options are only available if you have a signal on your Hitachi HDR255.
- On your remote control, press the MENU button
- The menu will appear. Use the Up/Down arrow keys to navigate from this point.
- Use the down arrow keys to go to Setup and press OK
- Go down to Installation and press OK on your remote control
- From here you have three options: Automatic or Manual Channel Scan and First Time Installation
Automatic Channel Scan
- Press OK to go into Automatic Channel Scan
- A pop-up will appear, select YES. It will now automatically scan for new channels / delete channels that are not available anymore. Note: All the channels found will be stored with its correct channel number, for example BBC1 on channel 1.
Manual Channel Scan
- Press OK to go into Manual Channel Scan
Enter the channel number you want to enter in manually and press OK
- Note: Any channel already stored will not be re-stored, to avoid duplicates
First Time Installation
This feature will return your digital receiver to factory settings and is also called a full re-tune. All your channels will be deleted but are automatically added again.
- Select First Time Installation and press OK on the remote
You'll be asked if you're sure you want to delete all channels and settings. Choose YES and OK.
- Sometimes you're asked for a code, try 0000 or 1234
During this process you may also want to check if there's a software update. To do this, from menu go to: Setup > Configuration > Receiver Upgrade.