- Right-click on one of the documents you want to open in Microsoft Word instead of WordPad
- Go to Open With and click on Choose Program...
- If a File Type Assistant box shows like below, click on Open using already installed software and press OK
A new window will open (as shown below). Highlight Microsoft Office Word
- If you can't see Microsoft Office Word, click Browse... and look for the Word icon in one of the Microsoft Office folders
- Now, place a tick next to Always use the selected program to open this kind of file
- Click OK
From now on, every document with has the same file extension, e.g.doc will be open in Word.
If you find that all your programs are opening in WordPad, try scanning your PC with an anti-virus software or doing a Windows repair from the installation CD that came with your computer.
If you'd like help from our experts at Knowhow™, we offer several computer services. Click on the links below for details: