Before you start, we need to make you aware that:
- This process will erase ALL of your data
- Your music, emails, pictures, documents and other important files will be deleted.
- Please make sure you have made backups of everything you need to keep, before you start.
To recover your Dell:
- Press F8 when the computer is starting up
You will see a menu screen and you should select Repair your computer
- When the program loads you will need to select Dell Factory Image Restore from the list
- It will warn you again of data loss
- It will ask you for your user name and password; click Next
Your computer will burst into life and start the recovery progress.
Your computer will take around 30-45 minutes to complete this, and can be left to get on with it. Once finished, your computer will be back to how it was when you first took it out of the box.