On your Acer Computer with Windows Vista, you can start this process in two ways:
1. Using the Acer toolbar
If you have the Acer toolbar at the top of the screen, click on the disc icon.
2. Using Acer eRecovery management
- Click Start , All Programs then Acer
- Click on Acer eRecovery Management
If this is the first time you have used this program, it will ask you to create a password and a hint to what it is. Note: This password is important - write it down.
Creating a recovery disc
- On the next screen, select Burn Disc
- Click on the Create Factory Default Disc button
- Next, insert a blank DVD and follow the on-screen instructions
- Your computer will roar into life and your disc will be created
Once it has been created, you will need to store the disc somewhere safe. This will not remove your original hard drive recovery; this can still be run using the Alt + F10 keys or through the Acer eRecovery Management software.
Reinstalling software or drivers
At the bottom of the Acer eRecovery screen, click Restore and then Reinstall applications/drivers
It will ask you for your password that you created earlier. Enter it and press OK.
This program will allow you to reinstall most of the stuff that could be misbehaving and you should be up and running in no time.