If you want to add a folder to the regular backup schedule, make sure the desktop software is running and then:
1. On your computer, navigate to the folder you wish to backup
2. Right-click on the folder and select Livedrive
3. Choose Backup with Livedrive Backup
1. Select the folder you want to add to the backup
2. Click on the Livedrive icon (near date/time on top toolbar)
3. Choose Selected Files > Backup this Folder...
The folder will now be added to the backup schedule.
Individual files cannot be added to a backup schedule, only folders. You can upload individual files to the Briefcase though by selecting Copy to Livedrive Briefcase.
You can view your backed up files and folders from your web browser:
You will also have your own space to share with friends, family and colleagues. This can be viewed by logging into your account through the web and clicking on the 'Web Sharing' tab. Your sharing link will be in the following format:
You can change the name of your personal web address by going to the 'Account Settings' tab and clicking on 'Your Details' on the right side of the screen.Back to top
The Livedrive Control Panel lets you manage your backups, schedule scans and change user settings.
If Knowhow Cloud is not already running (i.e. if you can't see the icon in the bottom right corner of the toolbar):
- Go to Start > Programs > Livedrive
- Click on Livedrive Control Panel
If Knowhow Cloud is already running:
- Right-click on the Livedrive icon (look at the bottom right on the toolbar)
- Choose Settings
On a Mac
To open the Livedrive Control Panel on a Mac:
- Click on the Livedrive icon (next to the clock)
- Choose Preferences
- Login to the web portal
- Click on the Backup tab
- Navigate through the folders until you find the file you want to download
- Right-click on it and from the dropdown menu select Download
Please note: You are able to select multiple files to download at the same time. To do this:
- Hold down the Ctrl key while left-clicking on each item you want to include
- Right-click on any of the selected files and click Download
Larger files will be downloaded as .zip files to reduce the download time.
You can edit Office and image files online through the Knowhow Cloud web portal, even if the computer you are using doesn't have any editing software. To do this, you need to make sure the Zoho & FotoFlexer plugins are enabled:
Note: The following formats are acceptable for editing: documents (doc, docx, xls, xlsx, ppt, pptx rtf, txt, html) and images (jpg, jpeg, png, gif, bmp).
- Whilst in the web portal go to Account Settings > Applications
If your screen looks as shown below (with the word Disable next to it), it is already enabled:
In order to edit the files you have stored online, you need to move/copy them from Backup to Briefcase. To do this follow the steps below, otherwise you can skip to the next step.
- Log onto your Cloud account
- Select Backup
- Navigate to the file(s) you want to edit
- Right-click on any of the files
- Select Copy to Briefcase; your file(s) will be transferred across to the Briefcase
Note: You cannot transfer any other items while one set of files is being moved to the Briefcase. It is best to select all the files you want to move and copy them in one go rather than moving them individually.
- From the web portal, go to Briefcase
- Double-click on the file you want to edit (or right-click and select Open)
On the right hand side, select one of the editing options e.g. Edit using FotoFlexer
From here, you will be given several editing options which include; removal of red eye and blemishes, crop, resize, adding special effects and more. When you have finished, click Save.
Note: Any changes you make will take effect to the original file. If you want to change it back to a previous version go to the file, open it and click on Revert:
Any MP3 files you upload to the Cloud will automatically be added to your online music library. You can stream these directly from the web onto a computer or mobile device.
- On the web portal, click the Music Player button to select and play your music
- On the app, press the Music button to select and play your music
You will be able to stream some smaller video files without needing to download them. The process is the same if the files are in the Briefcase or Backup section.
- Locate the video you want to play via the app or web portal
- Open the file and it will begin playing if compatible
Please note: You may not be able to stream and play files with certain types of copy protection or DRM as these will be locked for use with a certain computer or software.
- Open the app and sign in with your Knowhow Cloud account details
- The app will now link to your account. Using the menus you can browse your stored data and view files.
Important: You will only be able to open files that are compatible with your device. You may need to purchase and download additional third-party apps to view Office files or certain types of audio and video files.
Please note: The Knowhow Cloud app will NOT back up data from your mobile device. It is for viewing your stored files or uploading images only. The Knowhow Cloud is designed to store data from desktop or laptop computers rather than mobile devices such as tablets or smartphones.
Important: The Knowhow Cloud is designed to store files and folders from your computer, not system and registry files. For this reason, it is unsuitable for making a complete system restore backup or your computer.
The Knowhow Cloud service uses very powerful security technology to keep your data safe. In addition, your files are saved across multiple servers to protect it should there be an issue with one.
You can read more about the security we offer by clicking on the Livedrive support link located above.
We recommend you use a strong password to prevent anyone getting into your account. For more information on how to do this, please read the following article: