- How do I access the Briefcase using the Finder application on a Mac?
- Can I use Knowhow Cloud on my Mac?
- Is there a Mac version of Livedrive restore?
- The Briefcase volume icon hasn't been removed from my Mac desktop?
- How do I uninstall Knowhow Cloud for Mac?
- Why do you ask for my Mac password when installing?
Mac users can access the Knowhow Briefcase from their computer. To do this:
- Go to Finder Preferences
- Find the Sidebar
- Check that your computer is enabled
To show the Knowhow Briefcase on the desktop
- Go to the Knowhow control panel
- Find the Services tab
- Tick the box marked Show Knowhow Briefcase on Desktop
Yes - the Knowhow Desktop software is available for Mac. It can be run on all Macs using OS X Snow Leopard or later (10.6+).
Knowhow Cloud for Mac works in the same way that Knowhow Cloud for Windows works - it backs up your files as you work, and shows your storage Briefcase as a new hard drive on your Mac.
Yes - the Livedrive Restore app is built into the Mac software itself. No separate download is required.
- Click on the Livedrive icon (top-right of your screen near your clock)
- Select Restore From Backup
To remove the Briefcase icon:
- Right-click on the volume icon
- Select Eject
Alternatively, you can simply drag the volume icon to the eject icon in your dock.
We don't have an uninstaller at present. If you wish to remove Knowhow Cloud for Mac, you can do so by deleting the following files:
- /Library/Application Support/Livedrive/
- /Applications/Livedrive Client.app
- Cache Directory (contains your cached Knowhow Cloud files). The following are the default locations for the cached directory (you can configure a different cache directory during the welcome/setup process and with options -> online files).
- 184.108.40.206 ~/Library/Caches/Livedrive/~LD
- 220.127.116.11+ ~/.LD
We install two tools that run as root - these require your Mac password:
- updateld is used to install and repair the Knowhow for Mac software
- finderoverlaytool is used to insert the Knowhow Finder badging code into the Finder