Kinect lets everybody join in the fun and gives you the power to tame tigers with a wave of the wrist, dance like a disco diva or even try your tennis skills against the greatest champions in the world. It’s simple to set up, and you’ll be in control in no time.
- Place the Kinect sensor on a flat surface about six inches above or below your TV. Ideally, this should be between two and six feet off the floor.
- Connecting to an Original Xbox 360: Plug the Kinect’s lead into the USB port at the back of the console. If you already have a device plugged in there, such as a wireless network adapter, use the extension cable included in the package to reconnect it to one of the front ports. Use the other part of the Kinect’s lead to plug it into the mains.
- Connecting to an Xbox 360 S: Plug the Kinect cable into the AUX port on the back of the console. DO NOT plug the Kinect into the mains - the console has been made with the Kinect in mind and will supply power to it.
- Update your console’s software so it can use Kinect. You may be prompted to do this automatically, in which case just select "yes". If not, either connect to Xbox Live or insert a Kinect game into the console and follow the onscreen instructions.
- While the software updates, make sure the room is ready for play. Using the Kinect can be very physical, so make sure you have at least six feet of clear space - eight if you will be playing a two player game.
- When the console is updated, it will give you a short tutorial demonstrating how to use the Kinect.
You’re all ready to play. Your Kinect games are just a wave away.
Always refer to the manufacturer’s manual for specific details.