|Go from this:||To this!|
There are a number of reasons that images are blurry, but the most common reason is camera movement. Point and shoot cameras are so light that pushing the shutter release can easily move the camera, especially when holding it at arm's length to look at the LCD screen.
Remember to just push the shutter release (the button you press to take the picture) half way down and wait before taking the photograph By depressing the button half way, you are activating auto focus. Auto focus will move the internal gears of the lens until the subject is in focus and will evaluate available light and adjust aperture, shutter speed and ISO. This can take a couple of seconds.
Other tips to sharp shots:
- Lean against something to steady yourself when taking the picture and look through the view finder. It is more difficult to steady the camera when holding it at arms length and using the screen of a digital camera.
- Make sure all your equipment and lenses are clean.
- If your lens supports it, turn on Image Stabilization.
- Shoot on a sunny day, or turn on more lights indoors.
- Use a tripod when you can.