The models affected are:
Samsung RL23THC*, RL29THC*, RL39THC* upright fridge freezers manufactured in SEPM Poland. Polish models can be identified by having "/XEO" or "SEPOL" at the end of the model number.
Customers may complain of the following:
- A hissing sound inside the fridge or freezer compartments
- Gurgling of refrigerant going around the cooling system pipes
- Internal creaking or cracking
- Strange internal noise
Why does this happen?
- Refrigerant flow noise is a normal working condition, especially for direct cooling refrigerators (these models).
- Refrigerant flow noise will be higher when the appliance is new and after a refrigerant change. It will stabilise after a few weeks.
- When the refrigerator starts or stops, cracks will sometimes be heard due to the irregular expansion and contraction of internal parts because of sharp temperature changes.
In summary some noise from your fridge, especially after the first few weeks you have bought it, is perfectly normal but if it continues and you are concerned about the sounds you can contact the retailer you purchased the fridge from.
Or contact our Knowhow™ team on 0845 561 1234.