- If you haven’t installed it, download the Garmin Communicator Plugin from here: http://www8.garmin.com/products/communicator/ The onscreen instructions will guide you through the process.
- Visit http://maps.google.co.uk/
- Using the search bar, type in your destination and press return.
- You can now type in anything you would like to discover. Pubs, parks, painters or even parapsychologists - it’s all up to you.
- Google Maps will show you a list of nearby places and businesses that best match your search term on the left, with lettered "pins" showing their location on the right.
- When you find matches you want to keep, click the Send button near the top right of the screen.
- Click GPS on the left of the box, and then choose Garmin from the Brand menu.
- You can choose to send either all results or just one by using the dropdown menu.
- At this point you can add any information you want into the Notes box.
- When you’re ready, click Send.
- When Garmin Communicator launches, select USB and click the box next to your Sat Nav device.
- Click Send to GPS and the information will be transferred.
- Repeat the process for any other locations you want to send.
That’s it. You’ll have more local knowledge than someone who’s lived there for years.
Always refer to the manufacturer’s manual for specific details.