In very rare instances, something can happen that causes the Sat Nav to become unresponsive. It’s not always obvious why this has happened - perhaps it’s discovered somewhere interesting on your route and has stopped off for a picnic - but it’s most likely a little software conflict that can be sorted out by performing a soft reset to restart the device.
Depending on your model, there are a number of different methods.
Nuvi 600 and 200 series
- Locate the reset button with a dot in it, either on the bottom or under the antenna. Press and hold this until the machine restarts.
Nuvi 1100, 1200, 1300, 1400 or 1600 series
- Hold down the power key until the device restarts.
Nuvi 3700 series
- Hold down the power button until the device powers off.
- If you are unable to turn the Sat Nav on again or it continues to freeze, update the software by connecting to http://www.garmin.com/webupdater using the instructions in the user manual
- Hold the power key fully to the left until the device restarts
- If this doesn’t work, try doing it while the Nuvi is connected to a power source.
- Should this still fail, connect to http://www.garmin.com/webupdater following the instructions in the user manual and update the software.
- Hold down the power key until the device restarts
- If this fails, remove the battery for several seconds before replacing and restarting.
- Hold down the power button and zoom (+) key until the device restarts.
- Try this again while connected to a power source if it doesn’t work.
- If you still cannot get the machine to restart, take the battery out for several seconds before replacing.
Done - A solution that doesn’t take you round the houses to get you on the road again.
Always refer to the manufacturer’s manual for specific details.