- Many soap trays can be removed easily from the washing machine. Your product’s user manual will show you how.
- Place the drawer in the sink and wash thoroughly with hot soapy water, inside and out, brushing all the dried-on powder with a sponge. Rinse the drawer with clean water and leave it to dry.
- Using a cleaning cloth and hot soapy water, wipe the inside of the space on the washing machine where the drawer goes. Clean out any lurking gunk and rinse with a sponge and clean water.
- You can now insert the drawer again, according to the maker’s instructions.
If the drawer cannot be removed, it’s still easy to clean.
- Open the drawer and fill it with half a cup of hot water.
- Wipe away the build-up with a cloth. Any stubborn sections can be removed by scrubbing with a toothbrush.
- Using a sponge to absorb any remaining liquid, wipe the tray dry.
Always refer to the manufacturer’s manual for specific details.
Smelly washing machines - Keeping your washer clean