Using the Advent Recovery Backup Wizard, you can store recovery data on either a USB or DVD. If you decide to use a USB stick, you’ll need at least 8GB of space.
Click Start, type Recovery Backup Wizard into the search box and press Enter
A new screen will appear. Once loaded, select Create your Recovery Backup Now.
- Click Continue. If using DVDs, the program will tell you how many you'll need (usually two).
- Select Continue again and the process will start
The process can take up to an hour to complete and once it has you'll be greeted with this screen:
Put those discs or USB stick somewhere safe, so even if your computer cannot boot into Windows you may still be able to get it all back up and running again.
- You cannot create recovery discs on rewritable DVDs (DVD RW)
- Depending on your computer, you may need to use DVD-R or DVD+R discs - if one type doesn't work try the other
- Some recovery programs only work with DVD not CD, or CD not DVD. As above, if one doesn't work, try the other