Let's see how this works:
1. Open the Charms bar and select Settings
2. From here, choose Change PC Settings
3. From the screen that appears, choose Users as shown here and choose Create a picture password under the Sign-in options section:
4. If using a Microsoft ID on the computer, you will need to enter the password now
5. When the following screen appears, follow the prompts on screen to complete the picture password:
6. Simply choose a picture from here, you can choose a picture contained within your Cloud, Skydrive or stored locally.
7. When the picture appears, follow the instructions on the side of the screen: Draw three gestures on your picture. You can use any combination or circles, straight lines and taps. Remember the size, position, and direction of your gestures - and the order in which you make them - become part of picture password.
9. Once done, you will be asked to confirm the gestures once more