To be able to print using this method you will need to have a wireless internet network at home. Each computer you want to use the wireless printer, as well as the device itself, will need to be connected to this network. Some software and drivers will need to be installed, so make sure each computer is up-to-date and ready to go.
- Set up the printer according to the instructions in the user guide
- It is likely the guide will be specific about the order in which software is installed and the printer turned on. It is very important to follow these steps to make sure the device functions properly
- During the installation, your printer will need to detect your home network. If it has any problems, moving the printer closer to your wireless router will enhance the signal
- If your network is protected by a WEP/WPA password, the printer may ask you to enter the security key. Follow the user instructions on how to do this - you may need to enter the settings directly into the printer or via the computer.
- Once the printer is connected to the network, the included software and user guide will take you through the rest of the process. When everything is ready, the computer will send a test page to the printer.
- You may need to repeat some of the setup steps on every computer you want to use the printer. This will probably involve installing some drivers and printing a test page. Follow the user manual for full details.
- You can set the printer as default by opening the Control Panel, choosing Hardware and Sound and then selecting Printers. From the list that appears right-click on the wireless printer and select the Set as Default Printer option. A tick will appear by the printer to indicate it is now the default printing option. You will need to repeat this on every computer you want to use this printer by default.
Now you can get your documents printing no matter where you are in the house. If you’re still having problems, there may be a helpline in the user manual, or you can call us on 0844 561 1234.
Always refer to the manufacturer’s manual for specific details.