There are three different places where you can find the serial number of your VAIO®:
- On a sticker on the back of your notebook, or in your documentation.
In the BIOS:
- (Re)start your Vaio
- Press F2 repeatedly when you see the Sony® logo
- You should see the serial number in the Main section
In the Sony Notebook Setup:
- Go to the Control Panel
- Double-click the Sony Notebook Setup icon
- In the About This Computer tab you can see the serial number of your VAIO
NOTE: All serial numbers have 15 digits, split up in an 8-digit number beginning with 28 and a 7-digit number. (e.g. 28XXXXXX-XXXXXXX)
Having serial numbers to hand enables suppliers and manufacturers to solve problems in double-quick time. This means you get the results you want as fast as possible, without having to search around and ring back later.
Always refer to the manufacturer’s manual for specific details.