Here’s how to clean up your Acer TravelMate C102Ti using a System Recovery CD.
- The recovery process will delete all files on your computer please ensure that you save your personal files on CD or floppy disk before you begin
- The recovery is a standard program across a range of Acer® products. Please note that the "HDD non-destructive" option is not available on this model.
The recovery is complete and your Acer TravelMate C102Ti should be as good as new!
- Insert the "System Recovery CD" and restart your computer
- Select "English" from the language menu that loads
- You will now be presented with four options; please select HDD full rebuild.
- Insert the first Recovery CD when asked and click OK
- A message shows Windows XP Tablet English will install, click OK to continue
- The licence agreement is displayed next which you must agree to
You will now be presented a list of tick boxes; the first box is ticked by default:
- Use existing partition, all data will be lost on drive C
- Factory default partitioning and all data on the hard disk will be lost
- Customizing partition and all data on the hard disk will be lost. Click OK to continue.
- The recovery image is now restored. You will need to change the CDs when prompted on screen.
- Once the restore is complete you will be asked to insert the System Recovery CD again and restart. Click OK to continue.
- The computer will restart and finish the recovery. You will then be asked to remove the CD and restart.