Before you start cleaning:
- Unplug the TV and other connected equipment from the wall power socket.
- Make sure the television is on a flat, stable surface to prevent it toppling over while you clean.
What to use:
- Lint-free micro fibre cloth - these are soft and won't scratch delicate screens
- An anti-static brush - helps remove dust in corners and stops you getting a static shock
- Anti-static screen wipes - gets rid of fingerprints and dust and works on a variety of screens
- Screen cleaners - cleans streaks that are harder to remove and can be used on TVs, monitors, CDs and DVDS
What not to use:
- Don't use any harsh chemicals or furniture spray. Only use cleaners that state they are for TV screens.
- Don't use any cloth that will scratch the screen i.e. a paper towel
Cleaning your TV:
- Use a soft lint-free cloth to wipe away dust on the screen
- Lightly spray the screen cleaner onto a lint-free micro-fibre cloth. Never spray the cleaner directly on the TV.
- Wipe the screen with the lint-free cloth using circular motions, as this will prevent streaking. Note: Don't use to much pressure as it could damage your screen.
- Lightly spray the micro-fibre cloth again and wipe down any other parts of the TV that need cleaning
- Make sure the TV screen is dry before turning it on again
Try to clean your TV on a regular basis, as a build-up of dust and dirt can cause damage to your TV and will impair your enjoyment of it.
Now you should have good clean viewing every day!