- How do I register my Cloud account?
- Where is my SKU / TXN number?
- Backing up my computer for the first time
- Downloading the Knowhow Cloud software
- How do I backup other computers?
If you have not done so already, the first step is to register your Cloud account. After purchase, you should have received an email with a link to the set up page but alternatively you can click on the button below:
We have a Windows and Mac step-by-step video to help you set up your account and walk you through the first backup, which you can find here: Knowhow Cloud Set Up videos
- Enter the TXN code from your store receipt or the Order Reference number from your email confirmation if you purchased it online. Press Sign Up.
- If you are asked to now enter a SKU code, you can find this on your receipt or email confirmation. Click Continue.
- Next, enter your name and address then click Continue.
- You will now be asked to enter an email address which is what you'll use every time you login to your Cloud account, so please make sure it is correct. Enter a secure password then click Continue.
- Finally, you will be asked to enter your payment/credit card details. You will not be charged anything at this time - this is only needed to renew your account after your subscription ends, so you can continue to keep your files safe and secure.
- When completed you can download the compatible Cloud software for your computer so you can start backing up your precious files and folders and download the app for your tablet/smartphone so you can access these files on the go.
When setting up your Cloud account for the first time you'll be asked for some of the following:
A TXN number (in store purchases) which can be found on your receipt:
An Order Reference number (online purchases) which can be found on your confirmation email. The number will look similar to below:
- CURxxxxxx (if you bought from Currys online)
- PCWxxxxxx (if you bought from PC World online)
- NTxxxx-xxxxxx (if you bought from Harrods online)
A SKU code which can be found on your in store receipt or confirmation email
To start backing up your files and folders you'll need to download the Cloud software. If you haven't done so yet, just click on one of the buttons below. Downloading the software only takes a few minutes. When you click on the completed download file, a User Account Control pop up might appear; click Yes to proceed.
Windows Vista SP2 or higher
File size: 10.5 MB
OS X 10.8 or higher
File size: 24.4 MB
During installation you'll be asked to login so the software can start the process of backing up your most important files including your music, photos and documents. When asked, click Next then Finish and you'll be taken to the main Control Centre screen which will calculate how long your initial backup will take.
Please note: Your first backup can take quite a long time to complete. The time it takes depends on the amount of files being backed up and your internet upload speeds. You can still continue using your computer and the internet while backing up as it continues running in the background.
When you turn your internet and computer off, the backup will be paused and will resume again once you turn both back on.
If you have only signed up to Knowhow Cloud Backup, you'll need to add on additional computers or upgrade to another account. To do this:
- Go to https://www.myknowhowcloud.com
- Login to your account and select Account > Add-ons or Account > Change Plan
Knowhow Cloud Backup & Share customers are able to backup and sync up to three computers. To start backing up other computers in your household:
- While on the other computer, login to https://www.myknowhowcloud.com
- Click on Download
- Select the compatible software for the machine you are on
- Follow the on-screen instructions
Please note: You need to use the same login that you created when you first registered the Cloud account.