Sometimes, extra software gets added to Internet Explorer and can cause problems. These errors can cause messages like the ones below:
- Internet explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close.
- Your last browsing session closed unexpectedly.
- Windows Internet Explorer (Not Responding).
Resetting Internet Explorer can help resolve this by putting its settings back to their defaults. As there are several versions of Internet Explorer, the options you see may look slightly different.
- Press Start, then type options into the search programs and files box
Click Internet Options from the Control Panel section
- If you're prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password or click Allow
Select the Advanced tab
- You'll be asked if you are sure you want to reset all Internet Explorer settings? Don’t select the option to delete personal settings, as it will reset your home page, passwords and web form information. Click Reset.
- The Reset Internet Explorer Settings progress box will pop up. This will take a short time to restore your settings. Once finished click OK.
- A final message box appears advising you that "For changes to take effect, you will need to restart Internet Explorer", click OK
- Click OK on Internet Options
You are ready to open Internet Explorer again and see if your problem has been fixed. If there is a particular website that was causing you problems, you should try this first and hopefully all should be working again. If you still find internet explorer is crashing repeat the steps above, but this time tick the option to Delete personal settings.
Hopefully everything will be running smoothly once more now. If you still get frequent errors, please contact Knowhow™ on 0844 561 1234 or click on the link below: