The Xbox 360 is Microsoft's flagship gaming console which offers a huge library of HD games, films and TV.
Most modern HD TVs are capable of connecting to your Xbox 360 using:
- HDMI cable
- VGA HD AV cable
- Component HD AV Cable
- Composite AV Cable
An HDMI cable is the simplest option as it carries both sound and audio through a single cable. This helps reduce cable clutter and is generally the smallest of all the available cables.
Connecting your XBOX 360 with an HDMI cable:
- Turn off your console and TV
- Unplug any display AV cables you have connected to your Xbox 360
- Connect the HDMI cable connector to the HDMI AV port (next to the standard AV port) on the back of your console
- Attach the other end of the HDMI cable to a free HDMI input on the back of your TV, noting the HDMI input number.
- Turn on your TV and console. Select the correct HDMI input using the INPUT button on your remote control.
- Press the Xbox guide button on your game controller to access My Xbox
- Use the right analogue stick to move right to System Settings
- Press X to access Display Settings and choose 1080p
Connecting your Xbox 360 to your TV with other cables:
- Turn your Xbox 360 and TV off
- Connect your chosen cable into the back of the Xbox and plug in the other end into the port on your HD TV
- Turn on the Xbox 360 console and your HD TV. Next, turn on your controller or plug it in to the front of the Xbox 360.
- On the first screen, the dashboard, go to System Settings and choose Display
- Choose HDTV Settings and select your TV's screen resolution from the list shown. Note: Check the TV's user manual if unsure what your screen resolution is.
Now you're ready to start gaming. Make sure you don't stay up all night!