When cleaning the screen, it is important to only use products designed for use on your type of monitor. Check your device's user guide for details; for example, if you have an LCD screen, you will need to find cleaning fluid made for LCD displays.
- Turn the monitor off.
- Using a dry lint free cleaning cloth, gently brush the dust from the screen.
- Apply some of the cleaning fluid to the cloth. Only use a very small amount.
- Wipe the cleaning fluid across the screen, using horizontal strokes in the same direction.
- If there is any dust gathered around the edge of the monitor screen or stubborn marks anywhere, gently rub these away with the damp part of the cleaning cloth and then repeat the horizontal strokes.
- Leave the monitor to dry completely before turning it on.
Because you used strokes in the same direction when applying the cleaning fluid, they won't form any visible "pattern" when they dry; this will keep your screen looking its best. Without all the dust, even an antique monitor can look as good as new.