- Check your vacuum cleaner is switched off - unplug it from the wall
- Remove the canister from your Dyson
- Open the top lid of the canister - this is where the filter is stored
Remove the filter housing which holds the filter and cage or mesh tab
- Upright cleaners: pull out the dirt canister
- Canister cleaner: remove the plastic cover from the base
- Pull out the mesh tab or cage to remove the filter
- Run warm or cold water through the filter or cage - follow directions on the filter itself
- Wipe filter with your hands under running water - do this until water from the filter runs clear
- Leave the filter to dry for 12 to 24 hours
- Check it’s completely dry before putting it back into your Dyson vacuum cleaner
With your Dyson firing on all cylinders, you should be good to go for the next few months.
Always refer to the manufacturer’s manual for specific details.