Before you start, unplug the toaster from the main socket and wait until it has completely cooled down before cleaning.
- There will be a crumb tray at the bottom of the toaster. Pull this out and empty its contents into the bin. If crumbs are stuck on the tray, take a paper towel to wipe them off.
- Throughout usage, crumbs and burnt food can get stuck inside the toaster. To get rid of them:
- Turn the toaster upside down over a bin and shake gently until all loose crumbs have fallen out. While doing this, make sure you keep the plug and cable away from any water.
- Please make sure your toaster has completely cooled down before following the next step. If there's stubborn crumbs still left inside the toaster, use a toothbrush to gently brush them away.
- Never use any sharp utensils to clean it out, especially a sharp knife. This can cause future problems with the toaster.
- Using a lightly damp lint-free cloth, wipe down the outside of the toaster, making sure no water gets inside. Note: Don't immerse the toaster in water as this will stop it from working and will also invalidate your warrantee.
Simple. Do this on a regular basis to avoid your toaster becoming toast.