Please note: Opening your hairdryer may invalidate your warranty. If these actions are not performed correctly you could damage your device; don't attempt the following if you have any concerns.
- Make sure the hairdryer isn’t plugged in
- Unscrew every screw on the hairdryer’s "shell" and open it. Be careful when doing this - the casing may crack if you’ve missed one
- Get rid of any dust inside the device using a quick blast from a can of compressed air
- Carefully take the motor shaft out so you can see the motor
- Remove the motor, and use something small like a thin straw or a toothpick to put a few drops of lubricating oil onto the bearings
- Carefully put the hairdryer back together again
Simple. Job done and no hairy moments
Always refer to the manufacturer’s manual for specific details.