- Wipe away any loose crumbs with a damp cloth
- Partially fill a bowl with plain water with a half a lemon. Place it in the microwave and set it to high for about 2 minutes
- Once the timer's pinged, remove the bowl from the microwave then dampen a clean cloth in the water (the water will be very hot so wear rubber gloves or wait for it too cool down). Use the cloth to wipe away the grime from the interior of the oven. It should now come away easily
- If you’re still left with any stubborn marks, add a bit of plain white vinegar to your cloth.
- Leave the door of the oven open for a few minutes to air
- Congratulate yourself on a job well done.
Note: never use harsh chemicals or bleach to clean your microwave
Always refer to the manufacturer’s manual for specific details.