Apple Universal Dock:
- The Universal Dock holds your iPhone while it charges or syncs and can be connected to a stereo or TV. It also comes with a remote control for operating your device.
- The Universal Dock will work with the iPhone 4.
- You will need to use a Dock Adapter for the iPhone to fit securely.
- The Adapter is included with new Universal Docks, and can be purchased separately from the Apple Store.
These are HiFi or speaker systems that have a dock to take the iPhone.
- Devices with the official Works With iPhone label will work.
- Unofficial devices should still work, but you may get digital interference unless you put the phone into Airplane Mode.
- Some docks may not charge your iPhone if they don’t use the more recent USB charging method.
- Docks based on the Universal Dock design may need a Dock Adapter, as above.
Your ship has come in! Most docks should work absolutely fine with your new iPhone 4 and will port your music out loud and clear. Play a hornpipe or a sea shanty and enjoy the smooth sailing.
Always refer to the manufacturer’s manual for specific details.