This issue is caused by a problem on the memory card. It’s easy to resolve using the following steps:
- Copy everything you want to keep from the card to your computer
- Insert the card into your camera
- Enter the camera’s menu and choose to do a full format the card. The user guide will show you how
- Formatting will permanently delete everything on the memory card
- The process also repairs any damaged sectors or errors on the card. Once the formatting is complete, your card will be back to its full capacity. If it isn’t, it may have a more serious fault and need to be repaired or replaced.
- Deleting files using the camera, not the computer, reduces compatibility errors that can cause this problem
- Many serious users re-format their memory cards on a regular basis to minimise the risk of data corruption
With your memory card functioning properly again, it’s time to start filling it up again. Happy snapping!
Always refer to the manufacturer’s manual for specific details.