Shaving is an important part of a man’s daily routine. It exfoliates the skin and allows it to breathe. For better looking and healthier skin traditional wet shaving is the best option.
How to do it:
- Soften the face before shaving by having a bath, shower or using a hot flannel to soften the bristles and open up pores
- Massage shaving cream or soap thoroughly into the skin using your fingers or a good shaving brush for about 2 to 3 minutes
- Glide the razor gently over the skin, holding the skin taut with the free hand whilst shaving
- Using short strokes, shave with the grain (in the same direction as the hair growth)
- Be careful around the neck areas as these can be particularly sensitive.
- Rinse razor regularly in hot water
- When finished rinse the shaved area with cool water to close the pores and pat the skin dry
- If you have nicks or cuts apply a moistened Block of Alum or Styptic pencil to stop the bleeding
- Apply a skin food or moisturising balm to restore moisture and nourish the skin
Cleaning the equipment:
Rinse and flick dry the shaving brush and razor. Dry shaving brushes naturally in a stand with the hair pointing downward to prevent moisture seeping into the base of the brush. Don’t store it in a closed cupboard where mildew may form.
That is the art of good shave which we hope goes smoothly for you. We’re sure you’ll look like the cat’s whiskers in no time.