- Place the ironing board so the wide end is to your right (if you are right-handed)
- Look at the label to find out what setting you need for the trouser fabric
- Empty trouser pockets
- Lay trousers flat on the ironing board on leg on top of the each other making sure seams are lined up
- Fold the top leg back and iron the bottom leg
- Repeat on the other leg
- Do the outside of each leg in the same way
- Iron the waist and seams
- To avoid shininess you can use a damp cloth or tea towel (although a good steam iron at the right setting should avoid that)
For straight creases in the front of your trousers:
Line up the seams of the trousers inside leg to outside leg then hold upside down to line everything up. Lay on the ironing board and the trousers should naturally fall with the crease in the right place. Do one leg at a time. Turn over and repeat on the other side. Use a steam iron with steam at full tilt.
Seamless! Hopefully you should no longer be pants at ironing trousers and you can steam ahead with straight slacks.