- Most laptops can accept a wireless adapter that lets them connect to Wi-Fi signals, with most models connecting to one of the laptop's USB ports
- These adapters can be bought at prices that start under ten pounds and are often the size of a USB memory stick
- Adapters vary in their system requirements; make sure your system is fully compatible before purchasing one
- Most wireless adapters require drivers or software to be installed; this will normally be included on a CD or DVD, so check this if your laptop doesn’t have a drive to play these discs
- The range of reception may be limited on some models; make sure the one you purchase will be strong enough to detect signals where you’ll be using it
Just by connecting this little dongle, the whole of the internet is once more at your fingertips. These devices can normally be installed in minutes, so you can set one up and be connected before your coffee has a chance to go cold. Time to sip and surf!