- Wash your hair using a shampoo and conditioner specifically designed to enhance curls and give extra hold
- Carefully detangle wet hair with a wide-tooth comb, gently towel-dry, and then blow-dry
- Spray heat protector on your hair
- Let curling tongs heat up for several minutes
- Open the curling tong by pushing your thumb down on the moving part of the handles
- Take a half inch strand of hair and clip the curling tong at the top part of your hair close to the root
- Slide the iron down to the tip of your hair - stopping before it slides off
- Gently curl your hair in the direction you want it to curl (curve it under if you want an inward curl or out if you want an outward curl)
- Continue to curl your hair until you reach the top part of your hair and hold it there for 10 seconds
- Slowly and gently start to uncurl your hair from the tong wand. Open and close the curling iron until you ease it out of your hair.
- When the curl is free you can pin it up until it has cooled down - which will make it last longer
- Repeat the process everywhere you want curls
- Tousle hair with your fingers
Now you ready to work the red carpet with your new head of hair. Here come the curls!