There are several steps you can take to prevent your iron from leaking.
- Empty the water tank after each use. One of the main reasons for leaking is minerals from the water building-up in the steam compartment of the iron. To prevent leaking, use a mixture of tap and filtered water.
- Never overfill past the line on the water tank. When you tilt your iron, the water will trickle into the iron.
- The steam feature on irons is a wonderful one but give your iron a few seconds break between each push. Overuse can send the iron into meltdown.
- When finished, unplug the iron and leave it in an upright position. This prevents water from leaking onto the sole plate.
- Please note: If your iron is still leaking, turn it off and unplug it from the socket. The iron could be faulty so contact the manufacturer or call Knowhow on 0844 561 1234.
After all this hard work, it's time to put your feet up and leave the ironing... just for one more day.
Always refer to the manufacturer's manual for specific details.