Pocket camcorders don't take video of the same quality as their larger HD cousins but they are normally better quality than recording on your smartphone. So a good choice if you want to take video to upload to You Tube.
Uploading your videos from a pocket camcorder is simple. Most come with a built in USB connectors which flip out to let you connect the camcorder directly to a computer. They also normally come with a USB cable.
- Almost all pocket camcorders come with software (normally 'plug and play' which means when you first connect it to your PC, it automatically begins installing the software.
- If you have an existing YouTube or Facebook account, the pocket camcorder will let you upload movies directly to this account
- In many cases, the pocket camcorder software will allow you to upload your videos in the highest resolution
- If you want to upload your videos in high definition and your camera's software doesn't let you, it's best to save the video, then upload from your computer through your YouTube account.
- Remember that even when uploading in high definition, YouTube videos won't be as sharp as ones played back directly from the camcorder itself.
Hopefully that's put you in the picture and you can now take action and start uploading viral videos to be viewed across the world.