Please note: This update is a full system restore and will remove all your applications. Your SD memory card will not be affected, so please save everything you need onto it before you proceed.
- Download: Advent Vega USB System Driver
- Download: Advent Vega FULL Software Update Image
- Remember the folder you saved these files in
- During this update, the Advent Vega can't lose power, so you'll need to keep it plugged into a main socket
- Using the USB cable provided, plug the Advent Vega into your PC
- The Advent Vega will now need to go into Recovery Mode, so before continuing please remember: All the applications stored on your Advent Vega will be deleted. Save all data and applications onto the SD memory card or your PC.
- When the Advent Vega is turned on, hold down the Power button for six seconds. The Vega will now turn off.
- Once off, press and hold the Back button and the Power button, at the same time for two seconds. After two seconds release the Power button then wait another two seconds and release the Back button.
If this is the first time you have done a software update for your Advent Vega, you'll need to install the USB System Driver.
- A Windows prompt box will come onto the screen asking you for the driver. Locate the folder you saved the USB System Driver in; the file is called SystemUSB.
- Please note: The driver is not currently signed so you'll need to give approval for it to be installed
- When installation is completed, locate the Advent Vega FULL Software Update Image you downloaded earlier. The file should be called softwareImage_v1.10_Vega_Final.
- Double click the file - an installation pop-up box will appear. When it has finished installing the file, the pop-up box will prompt you to press Enter to exit. Note: Please leave the power on and wait patiently during this installation.
- When finished safely remove the USB cable
Your Advent Vega should now be updated with the latest software release. Keep checking http://www.myadventvega.co.uk for future updates and information.
To check what software version your Advent Vega is currently running:
- On the home screen, go to Settings
- Tap on About Device
- Tap Kernel Version