What is Microsoft Document Writer?
Microsoft Document Writer saves files in a "universal format". This allows them to run and be printed on many computers, even if they don't have the software the original file was created in. It works as a "virtual printer", saving a copy of the file in a format that allows for easy printing on other PCs. This is often Windows default printer until the settings are changed.
How do I make my printer the default?
- Click Start and open the Settings menu
- Open Printers and Faxes
- Right click on the printer you want to use
- Select Set as default printer
- Open the Control Panel
- Click on Hardware and Sound
- Under the Printers section, choose Change default printer
- Right click on your printer and select Set as default printer
- Click the Start button and open Devices and Printers
- Right click on your printer and choose Set as default printer
You're now set up and ready to print. The paper copies you've been waiting for will be in your hands within minutes.