CLEAN BILL OF HEALTH
Our great value Computer Healthcheck is all you need to keep your computer running smoothly. We'll check Windows is OK and remove nasty viruses and spyware.
We all remember to get our cars serviced every year to make sure they are running in tip top condition. Do you know that your computer can also benefit from the same sort of care? We ask our computers to do a lot; play music, edit our photos and home movies and let us surf the Internet. Over time your computer can become clogged with unwanted software, old files and even spyware and viruses. Just like a car, your computer should be serviced every year so that you get the best performance possible.
Drop your desktop, laptop or netbook into your local KNOWHOW™ Service Bar at PC World.ie and Currys.ie and we’ll give it a full service. We look at Windows, software and hardware to make sure they are all running smoothly. We’ll check for any nasty viruses and spyware that might be lurking on your hard drive and remove them.
Your computer will be cleaned and we will give you advice on any upgrades you may need to get the most from the software you have installed.
Know it all
We want you to enjoy your computer for many years, so we’ve created a comprehensive PC Tune Up service to keep your desktop, laptop or netbook in peak health.
- When you come to the store we’ll have a chat to explain how PC Tune Up works and ask if you have any specific problems you need us to look at.
- Leave your computer with us and we’ll carry out a comprehensive check of your computer’s hardware and software.
- We’ll install any Windows updates that need to be installed.
- Your computer will be optimised and tweaked for best performance.
- Any nasty bugs, viruses and spyware that we find will be removed.
- Your computer will be cleaned inside and out to remove dust and grime that builds up.
- When you collect your computer we’ll go through our report with you and let you know if your computer needs any upgrades (we’ll fit these for free if you decide to buy them).
- We’ll make Recovery DVDs for your computer if you haven’t had time to do it yourself. This will let you reinstall Windows if things go wrong and could save you £40 buying the discs in future.
The small print
We want you to know about the things not covered in the price of this service so there are no surprises later on.
- If you choose to have upgrades installed you need to pay for the parts.
- If you choose to upgrade to a new version of Windows you need to pay for the Windows DVD.