FOR YOUR COMPUTER
Welcome to the ultimate protection for you and your computer. If your computer goes wrong, we'll put it right and if we are unable to repair it in 12 days, you can request a replacement.
A few great things
- 12 day fix or replace service
- Accidental damage
- No fault - no charge
- Loan laptop
- 1 year theft cover
- Remote fix service & pc tune up
Know it all
There are lots of benefits to being protected by Coverplan Premier:
Parts cost covered – no expensive charges for parts – we’ll pay for them all.
- We'll fix or replace it. If we're unable to repair it with the same or similar product
- Accidental damage. Because incidents do happen, even to the most careful of us.
- Request a replacement. If your product goes wrong again after the 3rd repair you can request a replacement..
- Clever remote fix. We can solve over 80% of all problems over the phone.
- Free recovery of lost files. If a file or precious document goes missing, we'll try and track it down
- Worldwide protection. If case you’re on foreign soil, your computer is still protected.
- PC Healthcheck every year – to make sure it’s in tip top condition, you’ll be entitled to a free PC Healthcheck every year to remove nasties.
- Computer healthcheck every year. To make sure your computer works as good as new, you'll be entitled to a free service every year to remove any nasties.
- 24/7 Freephone support. From wireless woes to Windows worries, we can solve your queries and show you how.
- Theft cover. You will be covered against theft of your product for the first year after purchase.
- Loan laptop to keep you going. If you need to send your product to our repair lab, you can request a loan laptop.
|2 years||3 years||Pay as you go|
|PC Base Units|
|€300 and under||€79||€119||€5.00|
|€301 - €350||€89||€129||€6.00|
|€351 - €400||€99||€139||€7.00|
|€401 - €500||€119||€159||€8.00|
|€501 - €600||€139||€189||€9.50|
|€601 - €750||€159||€219||€10.50|
|€751 - €900||€189||€249||€11.50|
|€900 - €3000||€229||€299||€12.50|
|Laptops and Netbooks|
|€251 - €300||€109||€139||€7.00|
|€301 - €350||€129||€159||€8.50|
|€351 - €400||€159||€179||€9.50|
|€401 - €450||€169||€199||€10.50|
|€451 - €550||€179||€219||€11.00|
|€551 - €700||€189||€249||€11.50|
|€701 - €900||€199||€279||€12.00|
|€901 - €1,100||€249||€319||€13.00|
|€1,101 - €1,400||€299||€399||€15.00|
|€1,400 - €3000||€369||€479||€16.50|
The small print
Visiting you at home
In some outlying areas of Ireland the extra distances involved mean that we’ll service your product as quickly as possible but delivery and collection promises will not apply. Coverplan is subject to availability. We may choose not to offer these on some products. For full terms and conditions please see your printed validation document.
Your household insurance
Your insurance may provide you with some protection but:
- You may not be protected for breakdown caused by mishaps or mechanical breakdown.
- Portable products may not be protected.
- Your annual premium may increase after your claim.
- You may have to pay an excess.
If we are unable to repair your product within 12 days for Coverplan Premier and 21 days for Coverplan, you may request a replacement product. The replacement will usually be in the form of vouchers to enable you to purchase a product of equivalent specification. Occasionally you may receive a fully reconditioned product.
If you have originally purchased a product labelled as ‘previously owned’ or ‘non-pristine’ our 12 day and 21 day promises do not apply and you will receive vouchers to the value of the original price paid.
If you have bought Coverplan for 3 or 5 years and your product is replaced your service agreement ends. We will send you vouchers for the remaining value to use when you next purchase a Cover Plan agreement. If you pay monthly your agreement will end.
What are my legal rights?
The contents of this leaflet do not affect your legal rights, further information can be obtained from your local citizens information service.
Your policy will be cancelled in the event of any fraud, or attempted fraud and you will not be entitled to a refund.
DO I HAVE TO PURCHASE A COVERPLAN POLICY AT THE SAME TIME AS THE PRODUCT?
You can purchase a Coverplan policy any time up to one year from buyin your product. Coverplan policies are not available on damaged products. Extended warranties may be available from other companies.
What is not included?
- Regularly replaced items/consumable items.
- Built-in batteries.
- Cosmetic damage where it does not affect the operation or safety of the product.
- Repair costs that have not been approved.
- Damage or breakdown due to flood, wind or other severe weather conditions.
- The cost of repairing or replacing a product which fails because anyone neglects, abuses or misuses the product.
- Any service or benefit where the product support agreement has been suspended.
- Inoperability of a product caused by withdrawal of services by a third party.
- Any claim where your monthly payment has not been received.
- Protection for dishwashers, vacuum cleaners, cooking and laundry products if used for business.
If you have bought a 2 or 3year term and are not completely satisfied, you can cancel it within 28 days of purchase. Please call us on 1890 818 575 and if you haven’t used the service we’ll give you a full refund. If you want to cancel your agreement after 45 days from purchase you’ll be entitled to a pro rata refund.
You may also give notice of your intention to cancel your
agreement by writing to us at:
Knowhow Customer Services, PO Box 10910, The Pinnacles, Harlow, Essex, CM19 5BD.
Your Coverplan insurance Policy is administered bt DSG Retail Limited, Registered Office: Maylands Avenue, Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire, HP2 7TG. Registered in England, number: 504877.
Underwritten by Petrus insurance Company Ltd, 28 Irish Town, Gibraltar. Registered in Gibraltar number 91094. Petrus will pay stamp duty on this policy to the Office of the Revenue Commissioners.
WHAT IF I AM NOT HAPPY WITH THE SERVICE?
If you have a complaint about this policy in the first instance, please contact DSG Retail Limited at the above address.DSG Retail Limited deal with complaints on behalf of Petrus Insurance Company Ltd. If your complaint is not resolved to your satisfaction, please write to Petrus Insurance Company Ltd, suite 827,Europort PO Box 708, Gilraltar.
If you are still not satisfied you can contact
The Irish insurance Federation's informationservice, 39 Molesworth Street, Dublin 2. Telephone number (01) 676 1914. This service can advise you on how to proceed further and may help in resolving your problem.
The Financial Services Ombudsman, 3rd Floor, Lincoln House, Lincoln Place, Dublin 2. Telephone (lo call) 1890 882090 or (+353) 1662 0899, Fax (+353) 1662 0890.
Following these procedures will not affect your right to take legal action. DSG Retail Ltd follow the Irish Insurance Federation Code of Practice on non-life insurance.