GIVE YOUR PC A BOOST
For all computers, new and old, there is an upgrade just for you. Upgrades help you to run the latest software or games without buying a new computer or they can help you to use your computer in new, exciting ways.
A few great things
- Upgrade your computer
- Improve performance & functionality
- Mac & Windows covered
- Secure recycling of old parts
- Specialist upgrades are completed at our dedicated repair centre
Technology seems to move on a lightning pace leaving our shiny new computers looking old and obsolete after a few months. New software and games demand more and more from our hardware and it can seem like a never ending battle keeping up.
Your secret weapon in the software battle is the computer upgrade. Instead of buying an expensive new computer you can swap the nuts and bolts inside for new go faster parts.
The KNOWHOW™ Team are on hand to give you simple, non techie advice on the best way to upgrade your computer. There’s no need to get your hands dirty because we can install your new upgrades for you.
Knowing what to upgrade can be confusing but don’t worry. Visit the KNOWHOW™ Service Bar in your local PC World.ie or Currys.ie and we can help you make the right choice. As a general rule desktop computers have more upgrade options than laptops.
Popular upgrades include:
- RAM (memory) to make Windows run faster.
- Hard Drive for storing more documents, photos, videos and music.
- Graphics Card for the latest games and HD movies.
- Blu-Ray drive to watch Blu-Ray HD movies.
- Wireless Card to connect to your home network without messy cables.
- CPU to speed up your computer and run the latest software.
- Sound Card for people who like the very best sound for music making.
Bring your computer into the store, or tell us what model you own and we can tell you what upgrades will work with your computer.
Know it all
Component Install & Check service is available through your local KNOWHOW™ Service Bar and includes the following features:
- A chat with a KNOWHOW™ Team member to find out what you want to do with your computer and what upgrades will work best with your desktop or laptop.
- Professional installation of the upgrades in store.
- We’ll give your computer a thorough clean inside and out to remove dust that build up and can cause your computer to overheat.
- Our specialists will run a thorough test on your computer to make sure the upgrades are working correctly.
- When your computer is ready we’ll give you a call to let you know it’s ready to collect from your store.
- A KNOWHOW™ Team Member will give you a demonstration of your new upgrade and answer any questions.
- The old part will be returned in a protective bag, or we can recycle it for you if you don’t want the part back.
- Your upgrade is covered by our 12 month guarantee.
- Your computer will normally be upgraded while you wait.
The small print
We just want to let you know what isn’t covered as part of the Component Install & Check:
- We are not responsible for your data or applications. Please ensure you have backups before handing over your product for upgrade. Please note that Data Transfer and Software Installation services are available in selected stores.
- The cost of the upgrade components; you’ll need to pay for these separately.
- Some upgrades may not be compatible with your computer; but we’ll let you know when we have a chat with you in-store.