WALK OUT WORKING
COMPUTER SET UP & PERSONALISE
Knowhow can set up your new Apple or Windows PC in store or at home. We'll install your software, set up your gadgets & show you how everything works.
A few great things
- PC set up in store or at your home
- Users & security set up
- Software installed for you
- Recovery media created
When you buy a brand new desktop or laptop computer the last thing you want to be doing is fiddling around with cables, security software and network connections. We know that you just want to get on with the good stuff and start using your new computer.
Our set up and personalisation service covers Apple Mac and Microsoft Windows computer. Our service includes setting up your user accounts, email software and any devices such as printers that you buy with your computer.
Pop in and have a chat with a member of the KNOWHOW™ Team at your local PC World.ie or Currys.ie to see how we can help you get your new Apple Mac or Microsoft Windows desktop or laptop computer up and running just the way you want.
Know it all
Our Computer Set up & Personalise service is just what you need to get your new Apple Mac or Microsoft Windows computer set up just the way you want it. As part of the service you will receive:
- A full consultation with a KNOWHOW™ Team member to find out all the details of how you want your Windows PC setting up.
- We’ll unpack your computer and make sure everything is in the box.
- Set up Microsoft Windows 7 with any user accounts and passwords you want.
- Download and install Windows Live Essentials; free software from Microsoft that allows you to access your email, chat on Messenger, view and edit photos and home videos.
- Setup all your email accounts in the email software you choose.
- Install and set up your Internet Security Software so you are protected online.
- Install all available Windows Updates.
- Set up Parental Controls to keep your children safe when they go online.
- Create your computer’s Recovery discs. These allow you to reinstall Windows in the future if your need to.
- Install any software, peripherals, and mobile broadband dongles you buy with your desktop or laptop.
- We will give you a demonstration of all the important features and answer any questions you might have.
- Leave you with a report which explains everything we have done and what settings we have used.
- A chat with a KNOWHOW™ Team member to find out all the details of how you want your Mac setting up.
- We’ll unpack your Apple Mac and make sure everything is in the box.
- Transfer all your files from your old Mac to your new Mac. If you want files moving from a Windows PC this is available at an extra charge.
- Set up your user accounts, email accounts and parental controls.
- Install any Mac OS system updates so you’re running the latest software.
- Install and configure any peripherals, software and mobile broadband that you buy with your Mac.
- Set up and configure MobileMe if you buy this Apple service.
- We’ll demonstrate your new Mac working; feel free to ask us any questions you might have.
- You’ll get a full report explaining what we’ve done.
The small print
We want to make sure you know what isn’t covered by our Computer Set up & Personalise service so there are no surprises when you visit us in store.
- You will need to buy any Internet Security Software you want us to install.
- Apple MobileMe service requires separate subscription.
- You will need to buy a mobile broadband subscription if you want us to set this up for you.
- Does not include the cost of any peripherals, for example, printer, web cam.