KEEP UP TO DATE
OPERATING SYSTEM UPGRADE & CHECK
We can upgrade your PC or Mac to Windows 7 or Mac OS X Snow Leopard so that you're getting the latest and greatest features to work with.
A few great things
- New operating system installed
- User accounts set up
- Security settings configured
- We'll demo new features
If your PC or Mac computer is a few years old the chances are that you’ll be running an older version of the operating system. This means that you could be missing out on some of the latest support for new technology and software.
Upgrading to Microsoft Windows 7 or Mac OS X Snow Leopard will mean that you’re making the most of your computer and all the features and benefits that the latest technology has to offer.
Pop in to the KNOWHOW™ Service Bar in your local PC World.ie and Currys.ie and we’ll be able to check if your computer will be able to run Windows 7 or Mac OS X Snow Leopard.
Know it all
Our Operating System Upgrade & Check service is designed for Windows PCs and Apple Mac computers. The service includes:
- A chat with a KNOWHOW™ Team Member to see what you need, and to check if your computer will work with the upgrade.
- Let you know if your computer needs any hardware upgrades to allow it work with the operating system upgrade.
- Backup your files to make sure they’re safe.
- We’ll upgrade any hardware if you asked us to do so (charged separately).
- We’ll install Windows 7 or Mac OS X Snow Leopard.
- Set up any user accounts you asked us to set up for you.
- Install any updates to make sure you’ve got the latest features and security patches.
- Restore your files from the backup.
- Test that your computer is working as expected.
- Let you know it’s ready to collect.
- We’ll show some of the new features and answer any questions you may have.
The small print
We want to let you know what isn’t included with our Operating System Upgrade & Check Service so there are no surprises when you visit us in-store.
- The service doesn’t include a copy of the operating system – you need to buy this in addition to the service.
- If your computer needs any hardware upgrades you need to buy these in addition to the service.
- You should backup your files and data to make sure they are safe; we are not responsible for your personal data.
- You will need the installation discs for your software applications so that you can re-install them if you need to.