NETWORK SET UP & SUPPORT
Set up your Internet at home or over the phone. Share Internet files and printers, stream music, photos and videos to your games consoles and smart phones.
A few great things
- Set up your home network or single device
- Connect your games console to broadband
- Share files, printers and media files
- Secure your network for privacy
Our homes are full of high tech gadgets that let us browse the web, send emails, listen to music, watch videos and play games. They all seem to want to connect to the Internet and Facebook so we can share information, gaming high scores and all sorts of stuff with the world. The best way to do this is to connect all these gadgets to a wireless home network.
The Knowhow team are networking experts. We can come to your home and do all the fiddly configuration and set up that will allow you enjoy all those “connected” features of your gadgets.
Alternatively we can guide you through the network process over the phone:
Over the phone service (1 device) - £25
In home basic service (1 device) - £50
In home advanced service (up to 5 devices) - £70
WHY YOU NEED A NETWORK
Networks are a great idea because they allow you to share with other devices. Having a wired or wireless network in your home lets you do lots of things:
- All your computers can access your broadband connection
- You can share files, photos, videos and music between computers without USB sticks or CDs
- Your PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and Nintendo Wii can connect to the internet to let you play online games
- Print from any room in the house
- Connect your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad to the Internet to stream video, download from iTunes and the App store and browse the web and email
- The possibilities are endless with a home network. All you need is a broadband Internet connection; you can leave the complicated stuff to us
Know it all
Our Home Network Set up & Support service takes the hassle and stress out of creating a network in your home. Here’s how the service works.
Before we visit please check that:
- You are at home at the time we’ve agreed to visit
- You have any network, computer and peripherals you want us to install ready when we arrive. It’s best not to open any new products
- You have all the leads and cables you need
- Have a broadband Internet connection available and working
- You know your ISP account details, usernames and passwords
- Have enough micro filters available (one for each device connected to your phone line). These aren’t necessary if you have Virgin Media cable broadband
On the day we visit we will:
- Discuss with you your requirements; we'll try to understand exactly what you need
- We will set up and configure any device you want us to do. If you've just bought a new Internet router and need it setting up, we can do that
- Our Knowhow expert will give you a demonstration of how your network works and answer any questions you might have
- This service can also be provided for a single device over the phone for only £25
- Our Advanced Network Set Up & Support service can set up or support up to 5 devices for only £70
Full terms and conditions can be found here.